Join us for a frightfully good Halloween this October half term at Whipsnade Zoo. With this year’s theme of unseen animals, your little ones can learn all about our animals who prefer nighttime with hair-raising animal talks, as well as getting stuck in with creepy crafts and pumpkin painting*.
This Halloween at Whipsnade Zoo, kids can:
- Bust a move at the Halloween disco.
- Enjoy a monstrous magic show.
- Wear their most devilish disguises to the Zoo to take part in our costume contest.
- Swing by for a spooky storytelling session.
- Join a free ghoulish ghost tour.
- Try out creepy crafts.
- Paint a pumpkin with edible paints*.
- Take part in our ghostly trail on The Great Whipsnade Railway*.
- Get their face painted*.
- Tune in to terrifying animal talks about our animals who prefer nighttime.
Follow spooky signage from the Zoo entrance to the main event hub (throughout the learning hub and river room) to get stuck in with our Halloween activities.
Our Boo at the Zoo event will run throughout half term week (21-29 October) with certain activities** extending until 31 October. All activities are free with Zoo entry unless otherwise stated. Members and under 3s go free.
Gold members and Fellows, watch out for an extra spooky quiz! Your little ones can further test their knowledge of unseen animals, and collect a sticker on completion of the quiz. Simply show your membership card to a team member at the main event hub for added spine-tingling fun!
A visual story is available for this event.
*Extra charges apply.
**Creepy crafts, storytelling sessions and the ghostly trail on the Great Whipsnade Railway.
Join one of our free guided ghost tours around Whipsnade Zoo this half term. Discover spooky tails from (and about) the Zoo, perfect for kids aged 8 and up.
From 21-29 October, these tours will run at 11:45, 12:45, 14:45 and 15:45 each day from the Discovery Centre, near to the main Halloween hub.