Discover delicious food and drink at Whipsnade Zoo at one of our catering outlets, with options to suit dietary needs.
Our catering outlets are predominately card payment only. Not all of our units accept cash payments, so please speak to a member of staff at each outlet for the latest information.
Base Camp Restaurant
- 10am-3.30pm, every day. 4pm closing during holidays.
All you need to order and pay is your phone! A QR code will be provided to view the menu, order and pay for your order so you can relax and focus on enjoying your meal.
Viewpoint Kitchen and Deli
- Viewpoint Kitchen Deli is open from 11.30am-2.30pm Monday to Friday and 11.30am-3pm at the weekend.
- Viewpoint Kitchen Restaurant is open Saturday and Sunday from 11.30am-2.30pm.
With a view overlooking our incredible white rhinos from one side, and the beautiful Downs the other, this eatery serves a combination of Al forno pasta dishes and freshly made pizzas.
Visitor Centre Cafe
- 10am-5pm, every day
Situated at the entrance of the Zoo, the cafe serves deli sandwiches, hot savoury snacks (including breakfast baps), plus your favourite hot and cold drinks.
- 10am-4.15pm, every day, timings may vary depending on pre-booked parties
Pick up a drink and a snack from Hullabazoo, located next to our indoor play area.
- 10.30am-3pm, at weekends during school holiday (weather dependant)
Afternoon Tea at Viewpoint Kitchen and Deli
Join us for a delicious afternoon tea, served at 2pm, on Saturday and Sunday:
- Classic afternoon tea for 2 people (vegetarian option available) - £49.00
- Classic Children's afternoon tea for 2 children - £15.00
- Add on a bottle of prosecco for £25.00
The afternoon tea must be pre-booked at least 48 hours in advance. NB: Zoo entry tickets are not included and must be purchased online prior to your visit or valid ZSL membership held. ZSL Gold members/Patrons and Fellows receive 10% discount.
Included in your afternoon tea is the following:
- A selection of sandwiches
- A selection of specialty teas (soft drink for children)
- A selection of cakes and bakery goods
Any questions please email us.
We stopped selling single-use plastic bottles in 2016
ZSL's #OneLess campaign
As part of ZSL's #OneLess campaign, we stopped selling single-use plastic water bottles at Whipsnade Zoo, instead swapping them for a sustainable alternative in a can. Visitors can also refill their water bottles in our catering outlets across the Zoo.