Thursday and Sunday, 2.15pm (May to October)
Meet our common hippos
This is a once in a lifetime experience to meet and feed one of our common hippos. Hosted by an expert zookeeper, you'll get a unique insight into their daily life and the chance to ask questions about these incredible animals.
This 20 minute VIP experience begins with a health and safety briefing from our expert zookeeper. You will then get the opportunity to feed one of our common hippos, whilst learning more about these amazing animals and how they make their own sunscreen!
Tip: Meet the Hippos takes place behind the scenes and due to the small group size, spectators are not permitted to access this area.
Know before you book
Important information before booking your Meet the Hippos experience:
- Admission to the zoo is not included and must be purchased separately
- Participants must be 12 years of age or older.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a participating adult – each adult must also have a valid Meet the Hippos ticket. No more than 2 children per adult
- Pregnant or nursing mothers who have given birth within the previous six months cannot participate
- Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer. Accompanying carers can enter the behind the scenes area free of charge but will not participate in the experience.
- Wheelchair access is not available for this experience.
- Please see our full terms and conditions for more information
- Meet the Hippos takes place on Thursdays and Sundays at 2.15pm, from May to October