With World Teachers' Day just around the corner, we'd like to invite teachers to an Education event at Whipsnade Zoo, with free entry on 7 October 2023!
Head to the Learning Hub from 10am - 1pm to meet our friendly team and find out about everything we can offer schools including visits, learning sessions, our Education Access Scheme and more. Enhance your knowledge of native species conservation, make some enrichment for our animals and speak with the zookeepers caring for them. You will also be able to sign up for themed walking tours taking place in the afternoon, and drop into workshop taster sessions around the site.
There will also be the opportunity for you to enter a prize draw to win an exclusive animal experience to be held at 3pm the same day.
Teachers only need to show their school pass/ID (or proof of employment at a school/college) on entry to the zoo to be granted free entry on Saturday 7 October 2023.
Friends and family are more than welcome to join you at the zoo, but please note normal entry charges apply. For the best prices, purchase tickets for them in advance online here.
Terms and conditions
- Free entry is for the 7 October 2023 only.
- This offer is only for teachers who are currently working at a school or college. At this time we are not able to extend this offer to school support staff or nurseries.
- Any tickets for guests accompanying the qualifying teacher must be purchased at normal entry price.
- To gain entry to the zoo, teachers must show either a valid school/college photo ID badge, or written proof of employment at the setting e.g. a letter from the headteacher, or a recent payslip. If written proof of employment is being used, you may also be asked to show photographic ID.
- Entry to the zoo does not include car entry. Free car parking is available just outside the zoo entrance – please see details here, including exceptions for blue badge holders.
- Normal conditions of entry apply.
- Last entry to the zoo on 7 October is 4pm, with the zoo closing at 5pm.