Charity and community partner organisations
ZSL's Community Access scheme provides discounted tickets to:
- Low-income households
- People with additional needs or disabilities
- People over the age of 60 and may be at risk of isolation
We work with a wide range of local councils, charities and community groups who apply for tickets and distribute them to the individuals and families they work with. We are currently working with organisations and councils in Central Bedfordshire, Dunstable, Luton Borough, and Bedford Borough. If you already have a relationship with an organisation, please ask them if they’re already one of our partners. If not, we’d love to hear from them – please email us at [email protected]
How to apply to the scheme as a community organisation
If you are an organisation wanting to provide Community Access tickets to your users, please apply to the scheme on the button below. We provide tickets to a wide range of organisations that meet the following criteria:
1. Your organisation works with or supports one or more of the following:
People from low-income households , including refugees
People with additional needs or disabilities
Older people (60+)
2. Your organisation works with people living in Central Bedfordshire, Luton & Dunstable Council, Bedford Borough Council.
If you would like to enquire about the scheme, please contact our Community Engagement team at [email protected]
If you would like to apply directly, please do so on the link below:
Good to know...
We know that travel and food & drink can really add up on a day out. We have wonderful restaurants, cafes and refreshments areas in our zoos, but if you are on a budget you are welcome to bring your own food and drink.
Our shops sell keepsakes and souvenirs from as little as £1.
Our Zoos may differ from others, so if it’s your first time at our Zoos it’s good to know that:
- Your food is for humans only! We don’t allow visitors to bring food for our animals. For their wellbeing, they all have a very specialist controlled diet.
- We have talks, but not ‘shows’. We want our visitors to enjoy and learn about our precious animals, and for the species we look after to have as natural wild behaviour as possible. So, you can enjoy fun and informative short talks from our presenters throughout the day – but we don’t ask our animals to participate in ‘shows’.
- The homes we build for our animals are carefully designed to provide places for them to explore, rest and, yes, sometimes to hide if they’re feeling shy! You’re sure to see a whole host of amazing animals during your day, but some may be more challenging to spot, so our friendly volunteers and staff are always happy to help.
- Please book tickets online in advance to avoid disappointment
- Regular admissions tickets, including those for anyone coming along with you, must still be booked online and in advance.
- We’re operating a cashless system on our sites and we ask that you pay with credit or debit cards, or contactless payment methods only.
We have two types of Community Access Scheme (CAS) vouchers and tickets:
Flexible use vouchers which will be valid for 12 months, allowing people to visit at a time that suits them. Vouchers will need to be converted to General Admission tickets via our website before people can visit the Zoo.
Group dated CAS tickets which would save you from converting your CAS vouchers to General Admission tickets. This is when everyone is coming on the same day rather than as individual households.
Below is the pricing breakdown per person for organisations purchasing an allocation of vouchers (minimum of 10 vouchers).
People from low-income households
People with additional needs and disabilities*
People over 60 years of age and at risk of isolation
Please note: Vouchers will require payment at the time of booking which is after your application has been accepted. Our team will contact you to confirm the total price before taking payment. Vouchers will be sent via email for the organisation to distribute to individual people or households.
* Subsidised price includes a free carer
Absolutely! Once your vouchers from your purchase have all been redeemed, you can email our Supporter Contact team via [email protected] to reserve more vouchers and request to pay via BACS. Please make sure that you include your unique account number from your previous booking and the number of vouchers per category required. Once the payment has cleared, your vouchers will be sent to you via email, this is the most accessible option as our call centre can sometimes have long wait times.
Alternatively, you can call us on 0344 225 1826 to speak to our Supporter Contact team and purchase more vouchers. This route would enable you to pay for your vouchers via credit card. Check our Contact Us page for our phone line opening times.
If you are an organisation that supports refugees from any background, you are eligible to apply for low-income household vouchers even if the family you are looking to support are being hosted by a family who are on a higher income. Please get in contact with us at [email protected] to enquire about providing tickets to your community. In these cases, we are not able to offer discounted tickets direct to individuals; instead, all Community Access tickets are provided by community organisations.
We love to listen to our community as these voices provide us with information on how we can best support for our local community, so please complete a post-visit survey to share their experience of Whipsnade Zoo. This feedback will support in developing our offering and in delivering on our commitment to becoming more accessible for everyone.
The survey link will be sent to the applying organisation at the same time we send the vouchers, it is up to the organisation to invite all individuals to complete the survey. We will review completed surveys.
We also aim to make the application process as easy as possible. If you also have any feedback on this, please email [email protected]
We want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy a brilliant day out with us, to benefit from the amazing animals which live at Whipsnade Zoo, connect with nature and help us create a world where wildlife thrives.
To help people who might find cost or other challenges a barrier to visiting Whipsnade Zoo, our Universal Credit tickets provide entry at a reduced price.