The time is nearly here to experience your Whipsnade Zoo overnight stay
To ensure you have a fun and enjoyable stay, we have put together so handy hints to help you make the most of you stay at Lookout Lodge.
Thank you for booking to stay at Lookout Lodge.
Please download your guest information pack below:
You can arrive at Whipsnade Zoo any time after 10am on the day of your stay. Enjoy the zoo at your leisure and you will then need to head to the Lookout Lodge area (there is a car park next to the Viewpoint Deli) from 4.30pm to meet your hosts and get settled into your lodge.
Welcome and settle in
Your lookout lodge experience begins at 4.30pm when you are welcomed by our friendly and experienced host team. Enjoy a complimentary drink and take in the fantastic views before heading to your own private lodge to settle in.
Embark on your first tour of the evening.
Stop off to enjoy a delicious 2 course dinner,
Head out on a torchlight stroll to see who is still awake.
Once back at your lodge relax and then enjoy good night’s sleep
Morning Wake Up
Be woken by the sound of some of our noisy residents before and heading to breakfast.
Check out of your lodge before heading to breakfast with your hosts.
Enjoy a full English or continental breakfast with fruit juices, tea and coffee, to set you up for the day ahead.
After breakfast it is time for a tour to see which animals are awake.
Head into the zoo to see your favourite animals or head down to ZSL London Zoo.
*Please note these timings may vary for stays during October. Your hosts will inform you on your arrival if timings differ from above.
Towels and bed linen are provided so all you need to bring is:
- Warm Clothes- Whipsnade is high up on the Chiltern Downs and can get a little chilly, especially in the evening.
- Waterproof Coat if it is going to rain - check the forecast.
- Sensible shoes - all of our tours take place on foot and some of the paths may be uneven.
- Your toothbrush (although we do have complimentary ones if you forget!)
- A torch
- Once you have checked out you will need to store your luggage in your car for the rest of your visit. If you are not bringing a car with you please speak to your hosts on the day of you experience about luggage storage options.
- Please double check your confirmation to ensure that you have booked additional child tickets if attending on a family friendly night. Please call us on 0344 225 1826 if you are unsure.
- Ask questions. Our hosts are very experienced and knowledgeable about the animals at Whipsnade Zoo, so ask them absolutely anything you like!
- Be patient. It is true what they say about working with animals, you never know what to expect. Sometimes we will see them, sometimes we won’t. Your hosts will be with you during the tours to give you the best possible chance of seeing the animals, but we can never make any guarantees. You can revisit their enclosures the next day.
- Look out for our baby Southern White Rhino, Nandi, and our otter pups Peanut and Pistachio. Make sure that you ask your hosts the best time to spot them during your visit.
- If you have time, head to London Zoo after your lodge stay (free entry on day of departure) and look out for our Asian Lions in Land of the Lions.
- As a guest at Lookout Lodge we are pleased to say that you are eligible for a 10% discount in our Visitor Centre shop. Please show your Lookout Lodge ticket to the cashier to take advantage of this offer.
- Lookout Lodge guests are able to receive a discount on tickets for the Great Whipsnade Railway. Please show your Lookout Lodge ticket at the ticket office to receive your discount. The Great Whipsnade Railway runs on select dates throughout the year. Please check the Great Whipsnade Railway operating schedule or ask your hosts for more details.
- Download our visual story to support your Lookout Lodge experience if you find them helpful.
Make your Lookout Lodge stay extra special
Champagne, Prosecco or a birthday cake. These are the perfect extras to include on your night if you are celebrating a special occasion. Please book these extras online here.
- Meet the Animals experience. Lookout Lodge guests are entitled to a 15% discount on all Meet the Animals experiences at either Whipsnade Zoo or London Zoo.
- Keeper for a Day: Take part in our Keeper for a Day experience for £199 per person a saving of 33%.
- Birthday cake = £65.00
- Champagne Moet Mercier Brut = £52.50
- Prosecco = £25.00
- Souvenir sew on badge = £2.00
If you have misplaced your booking confirmation or have any questions before your visit, please contact us on 0344 225 1826 or email us your enquiry.
Have you stayed at Lookout Lodge? Please let us know how your experience went and leave us feedback.
Staying at Lookout Lodge
Lookout Lodge - Frequently Asked Questions
All the most commonly asked questions when people come to stay at the Lookout Lodge.
Meet the animals
Make your day unforgettable by meeting our animals with one of our expert keepers.
Keeper for a Day at Whipsnade Zoo
The only Keeper for a Day experience in the UK where you get to work with rhinos, giraffes and elephants all in one day.