Type of place
Experience our elephants
This once in a lifetime opportunity lets you go behind the scenes at our amazing elephant house where you will get the chance to feed an elephant and find out all about our herd from an expert keeper.
Book your elephant experience
The elephant experience
This 20 minute VIP experience begins with a health and safety briefing from our elephant keeper who will then take you behind the scenes at our state of the art Centre for Elephant Care. You will then help our zookeeper feed an elephant whilst learning more about our herd. There will be a maximum of six people taking part in the experience, giving you lots of time with the elephant and zookeeper.
Tip: Please be aware that spectators are not permitted access to the behind the scenes area, however parts of the experience can be viewed from the indoor viewing area in the Centre for Elephant Care.
Our Asian elephants
Get to know the herd
Find out about our Asian elephants individual personalities and discover surprising facts about the species. Like how Asian elephants are more closely related to the extinct woolly mammoth than to the African elephant!
Know before you book
Important information before booking your Meet the Elephants experience:
- Admission to the zoo is not included and must be purchased separately
- Participants must be 8 years of age or older.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a participating adult – each adult must also have a valid Meet the Elephants ticket. No more than 2 children per adult
- Pregnant or nursing mothers who have given birth within the previous six months cannot participate
- Participants with learning or visual impairment must be accompanied by a carer. Accompanying carers can enter the behind the scenes area free of charge but will not participate in the experience.
- Wheelchair access is available for this experience.
- Please see our full terms and conditions for more information
- Meet the Elephants takes place on Mondays and Tuesdays, with the exception of Easter Holidays, May Half Term and the Summer Holidays when the experience is available Monday to Friday.
- Please check your ticket closely for the start time of the experience.