Selected days throughout the year
Zoo Explorers is an exciting one-day course for children aged 5 to 7 years old at Whipsnade Zoo who are ready to explore and learn more about animals!
The Zoo Explorers course includes
- Entry for one child including staying after the course finishes
- Entry into the Zoo only for one adult
- A Zoo Explorers certificate of attendance
- A unique Zoo Explorers t-shirt
- A copy of all the photos taken on the course
This course provides children a chance to explore, investigate and enjoy the zoo. Supported by our Learning team, children will have the opportunity to engage in exciting animal themed activities, whilst also making new friends!
Activities include learning about different animal habitats and about some of Whipsnade's amazing species whilst helping out our zookeepers with cleaning and feeding tasks.
Read a sample outline of the course: Whipsnade Zoo - Zoo Explorers example itinerary Please note: Timings and activities are all subject to change.
Course dates for Zoo Explorers (5-7 year-olds) at Whipsnade Zoo
Tuesday 2nd April
Tuesday 9th April
Saturday 20th April
Sunday 21st April
Saturday 11th May
Sunday 12th May
Saturday 18th May
Sunday 19th May
Tuesday 28th May
Saturday 15th June
Sunday 30th June
Sunday 7th July
Saturday 13th July
Tuesday 23rd July
Tuesday 30th July
Tuesday 6th August
Tuesday 13th August
Tuesday 20th August
Tuesday 27th August
Tuesday 29th October
Prices for Zoo Explorers (5-7 year-olds) at Whipsnade Zoo
- The cost per child is £90 (includes entry into the Zoo and Zoo Explorers t-shirt).
- Please note, although the ticket price includes entry for one adult, students are left in the supervision of the Zoo's learning staff for the duration of the course.
- Gold Members, Patrons and Fellows receive a 10% discount on this experience. Please enter your Primary CRM ID in the Offer Code box.
- If you have any questions please see our FAQs or you can manage your booking here
Please email [email protected] if you have any further questions about this course.
Children will be dropped off outside the visitors centre at 10.15 into the care of the education team. The course is designed for 10 children, and they will be constantly supervised throughout the day by two members of the education team, including lunch and break times, and returned to the same meeting point at the end of the course. Children will only be released into the care of the authorised adult stated on the consent form. Further information about these arrangements will be provided after purchase.
Preparing for your Zoo Explorers course
We recommend participants bring comfortable clothing because the course involves walking throughout the day and being outside in all weathers. Clothes may also get messy so please dress appropriately.
Please bring the following items to every session:
- Sensible, comfortable footwear – e.g. sturdy shoes or wellington boots
- Light waterproof jacket
- Waterproof trousers (optional)
- Dress in layers so you can remove as appropriate when working
- Sunscreen and a hat
Participants will need to bring their own packed lunch and drinks for the day of the course. We will not be visiting the zoo café at lunch time, so you will not be able to buy food during the course hours.
If for any reason you cannot attend, please phone the Education department before 9.30am on the day of the course and leave a message with your name, telephone number and the reason you are unable to attend.
Terms and Conditions
Places are sold on a first-come, first-served basis and you will be provided with a parental consent form with your ticket which must be returned to ZSL to confirm your place. Once payment has been taken, refunds cannot be given.